Bartender - Howard Johnson Udaipur
JOB DESCRIPTION :
To create best Guest satisfaction by promptly and accurately preparing Beverage orders including speciality cocktails and mocktails and be able to converse with guests over the counter.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assists with the smooth and efficient service of the Bar Operation ensuring that Nile standards are met at all times.
· Presents beverage list, answers questions, and makes suggestions regarding beverage and service to outlet guests.
· Serves and prepares beverage to patrons seated at tables in bar.
· Computes bill and accepts payment.
· Takes and makes orders for and serve light meals
· Fully conversant with all aspects of the Micros System
· Ensure in conjunction with the Food and Beverage Department that all food and beverage items, equipment and other facilities in the Restaurants are maintained to the expected standard.
· Constantly strive to satisfy all guests that he/she may come into contact with.
· Immediately takes guest order.
· Posses a thorough knowledge of the Restaurant Menu and Wine List.
· Up-sells the menu and induces guests to take slightly higher than medium prices items and side orders: soup, beverage, salad, dessert, etc.
· Answers any guest’s inquiries.
· Puts guest’s order down on the order-taker checklist, records service time.
· Performs the function of cashier and responsible in Micros Cashiering procedure.
· Balances cash and credit card charges and remittance of cash to Front Office Safe.
· Reports any deviations of standards to Supervisor or Department Head.
· Maintains par stocks of all equipment and guest supplies.
· Clears and resets counters or tables at conclusion of each course.
· Attends and contributes to all Meetings as required.
· Provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
· Willingly attends hotel training sessions as scheduled to improve skills and knowledge.
· Handles guest and employee enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, reporting complaints or problems if no immediate solution can be found, whilst feeding back a prompt follow up.
· Is knowledgeable in statutory legislation in employee and industrial relations, understanding and strictly adhering to rules and regulations established in the Employee handbook and the hotels policies concerning fire, hygiene and health and safety.
· Ensure high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
· Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
· Exercise responsible management and behaviour at all times and positively representing the hotel and Nile Hospitality
· Respond to requests to undertake any reasonable tasks and secondary duties and to changes as dictated by the hotel, industry and company.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Adaptability - Shows awareness of own strengths and weaknesses; works comfortably in uncertain conditions; accepts new ideas; changes one's own views or behaviours in accordance to changing circumstances; identifies personal development needs and seeks opportunities to improve; absorbs new information; maintains stable performance under pressure.
· Communication - Encourages communication with others; shares information with others and clearly expresses opinions; listens and takes others’ feelings and views into consideration; admits to mistakes; and maintains relationships at all organisational levels.
· Customer Focus / Quality - Meets customer needs, delivers personalised service, shows empathy and understanding, ensures professional, quality work standards are met, and uses criticism constructively.
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Howard Johnson by Wyndham Udaipur
Salary: INR 30,000 - 40,000