Supervises and coordinates all activities of Assistant Managers, Floor/Public Area Executives, Management Trainees, Room/Public Area/Linen and Uniform Room Attendants, Upholster, Florist, Gardeners, Carpet Crew and Contractual Team Members. Adheres to brand standards and ensures compliance. Is responsible for quality guest experience and employee engagement. Provides support to the Rooms Division Head/General Manager/Hotel Manager and conducts all housekeeping and laundry related functions as well as aspects such as training, coaching, counseling, mentoring, appraisals, effective inter-departmental liaison and wastage reduction. Maintains a pleasant demeanor within and outside the department.
- Is well versed with company and hotel information.
- Runs all aspects of the department (housekeeping and laundry) smoothly including manpower management, preparation of budgets, finalizing contracts, inter departmental liaison, recruitment, vendor management and purchasing functions.
- Appraises Rooms Division Head/General Manager/Hotel Manager with all information/concerns pertaining to hotel, department, guest, employees or vendors.
- Understands implements and trains all employees with standard operating procedures and ensures compliance.
- Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence.
- Ensures quality guest experience, minimal guest complaints and effective recording of feedback.
- In the event of a complaint, ensures immediate corrective action, up-dation of guest profile and communication to all other departments for effective guest experience.
- Records all guest reviews and suggests measures to increase positive feedback and minimize complaints.
- Maintains liaison between all areas of housekeeping and laundry.
- Ensures all areas/team members of the department have requisite aids, tools, supplies and equipment to carry out operations smoothly and effectively.
- Investigates concerns pertaining to housekeeping and laundry related functions and takes corrective action.
- Maintains clear and effective communication with all departments of the hotel especially front office and engineering.
- Coordinates with front-office for all daily/weekly/monthly procedures and activities.
- Coordinates with engineering for all daily/weekly/monthly maintenance activities and schedules.
- Schedules daily/weekly/monthly/spring cleaning and maintenance activities for the department and ensures compliance.
Practices effective inventory management and ensures minimal wastage/dead or non-moving stock.
- Records all housekeeping related reports, forms and formats for referencing.
- Carries out KRA’s effectively.
- Coordinates with vendors to ensure smooth functioning of services.
- Ensures all hotel areas like guest rooms, public areas, stores etc are properly secured and effective key control procedures are followed by employees.
- Conducts recruitment, promotions or dismissals.
- Plans the monthly duty roster for entire team considering occupancy/functions/leaves/offs/requests.
- Tracks employee attendance and takes corrective action pertaining to lapses.
- Rewards, recognizes and takes disciplinary action against employees.
- Suggests and assists in implementing procedures to enhance departmental productivity and employee ownership.
- Is well versed and knowledgeable of brand, fire and evacuation procedures and health and safety requirements in the workplace. Ensures associates are aware of their duty of care as determined by legislation and that they maintain complete familiarity.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant workplace health and safety standards and related hotel and brand policies and procedures.
- Performs any other duties/responsibilities assigned by the management.