The Associate Director of Catering and Events promotes, plans social and business meetings, and private banquets and shall place equal emphasis on planning and conceptualizing member internal events and private events.
- Seeks new business and ensures return business in order to meet or exceed revenue goals through various methods such as, but not limited to: telephone solicitation, outside sales calls, site inspections, and written communication.
- Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
- Ensures proper management of all catered events, including, but not limited to: sales, marketing, planning, merchandising, servicing, and corresponding administrative procedures.
- Prepares, implements, and compiles data for various reports such as Annual Sales Plan, Competitive Price set, Monthly Catering Report, Annual Goals, Forecasts, and other reports as directed.
- Develops new ideas for theme events in conjunction with the Sales and Marketing, Recreation, Food and Beverage, Golf, and Membership departments.
- Books banquets, caterings, and corresponding social activities.
- Works with Food & Beverage department to develop banquet menus, pricing, and revenue maximization using current and competitive data.
- Participates in pre-event presentations, property tours, and customer meetings.
- Ensures accurate and timely invoicing for all services rendered.
- Implements policies and procedures for the Catering Department, including compliance of all company standards relating to quality of products and services.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to any Catering staff such as: Catering Coordinator, Banquet Chef or Cook, Banquet Manager, Banquet Server.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs and tests for comprehension.