Club managers are responsible for a fitness or health club’s optimal operations and management. Each day, club managers supervise a team of fitness associates and ensure club’s members are satisfied with their personal service. Ideally, a club manager should have some background in sales or customer service.
- Providing supervision and training to all new and existing staff.
- Dealing promptly with all grievances from both staff and club members.
- Issuing verbal warnings and executing all disciplinary action as needed.
- Setting goals for improving the business.
- Screening and coaching all new hires.
- Improving the club’s marketing strategy and working ways to increase revenue.
- Organizing team-building events.
- Building loyalty between clients and the club.
- Encouraging feedback for improvement.