Ensure the safety and security of guest, staff, visitors and contractors at all times. Responsible to manage all safety & security, Fire Life Safety and food hygiene risks faced by the hotel. Liaise with all department heads to ensure hotel employees are adhering to established security procedures.
· Ensures that the department complies with and exceeds standard operating procedures.
· Establish written guidelines and controls; attain objectives written yearly and reviewed quarterly.
· Train subordinate staff in technical, administrative and managerial abilities.
· Maintain company standards in the department.
· Maintain guest satisfaction and ensure repeat business through personalized, efficient service.
· Maintain accident prevention program – appoint members of department to accident prevention
Committee – review monthly at department meetings.
· Establish and regularly upgrade and review standards of service, quality and hospitality in the security.
· Coordinate monitor and develop positive ongoing interdepartmental daily working relationships
Especially with Engineering, IT, Kitchen and HR with all local vendors Community.
· Review and carry out performance appraisals of relevant departmental associates on time as scheduled.
· Maintain facilities and equipment in perfect condition and implement procedures.
· Report to the Manager- Security keeping him advised on the performance and conditions of the department.
· Directly supervise the subordinate staff
· Attend Fire- panels on a daily basis and review supervisory quality.
· Responsible for pre-selection and initial training of all associates in conjunction with the Human Resource Department.
· Responsible for on-going training in the department which is necessary to maintain and improve standards of service.
· Stay abreast of trends in the Security industry.
· Responsible for labor costs of all security employees, therefore, supervises the scheduling of service employees and reviews schedules in terms of coverage and adherence to budget guidelines.
· Directly responsible for the grooming standards and appearance of all associates in the department.
· Monitors all problem areas and ensures that these are either corrected or a proposed solution should be forwarded to the Security Head.
· Supervises and organizes quarterly operating equipment inventory in conjunction with Security Head.
· Responsible that all guest and associate complaints or requests are handled quickly and fairly. Reports are prepared and reported to Security Head before shift end.
· Responsible for reporting all guest and associate accidents immediately to Security Head, so that the accident reports may be prepared / further assistance may be obtained (if necessary).
· Responsible for maintaining on-going Energy Conservation and Loss Prevention programs among associates.